The origins of our honey is from Australia’s most primitive and ancient wilderness, with the world’s purest and most pristine air and water.
You’ll likely find the taste & the well-being rewards from our brand to be unique.
In short, our Manuka Honey is “the real deal.”
And in a world where it’s reported that “over 80% of Manuka Honey is fraudulently labelled, it’s vital that you choose “the real deal.”
Manuka honey is renowned for its unique flavor, health benefits and medicinal properties not found in ordinary honey.
There are 2 common ways of grading Manuka honey, both of them aiming to reflect the quality of honey, by measuring its antibacterial properties: UMF and MGO.
UMF® stands for Unique Manuka Factor, which is an international quality trademark that can only be used by licensed New Zealand producers who make unmodified Manuka honey.
Another way to predetermine the effectiveness and anti-bacterial strength of Manuka Honey is to measure its Methylglyoxal (MGO) content.
MGO is found in high concentrations in Manuka Honey and as proven by German researcher, Professor Thomas Henle, is the compound responsible for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Please keep the following notes in mind:
- Avoid Manuka honey if you have an allergy to bees, or an allergy to the pollen from which honey is made.
- Manuka honey may be contraindicated in people with diabetes or blood sugar issues.
- Consult with your medical professional if using chemotherapy drugs or pharmaceutical therapies – there’s a risk Manuka honey may interfere with such drugs.
- Consuming medicinal strength Manuka honey is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Raw honey is not recommended for consumption in children under 18 months of age due to the rare possibility that Clostridium Botulinum spores could be present.